The target areas where New Hope Cambodia’s students come from are underdeveloped. Our school provides emergency assistance to the communities when required. Some examples might be:
- emergency supplies of rice to those in critical need, including the elderly and New Hope Cambodia’s students and families.
- provision of basic household goods such as mosquito nets, mats, tarpaulins and cooking utensils for those who have absolutely no way of supporting themselves.
- building new homes for destitute families who have no safe place to reside.
- renovating existing houses to ensure that they are able to provide adequate protection from the elements.
- building basic toilets, wells, and installing or upgrading water filters for homes and villages to reduce the risk of disease and infection.
New Hope Cambodia also runs a volunteer project providing community support and welcomes volunteers who help with distribution of goods, or building of houses and toilets for families in critical need (see our Volunteer page).